The show shed was originally built in Canada in 1941 and shipped to England as a flat pack kit. It was bought by the association in 1954/55 for £100 from an army camp in Huyton and it was erected in 1957. The show shed had seen a lot of use over the years as a meeting place and for the Annual Flower Shows that the Association used to hold.
We have created a wildlife area on what was originally Plots 14-17. This area has suffered from drainage problems for the past 60 years and despite the work to improve the situation the area has now become unsuitable for allotment plots.