Replacement of the Show Shed in 2006


The end of 2005 and early 2006 saw the allotment site plagued by attacks of vandalism. Twenty sheds were burned down, greenhouses smashed and in some cases crops destroyed.

Measures were taken by members to enhance the security on site and these attacks virtually ceased.

We also applied to the Lottery’s Awards for All program to purchase a secure storage container and office container to replace the dilapidated wooden show shed and to purchase better locks for the main gates.

The show shed was originally built in Canada in 1941 and shipped to England as a flat pack kit. It was bought by the association in 1954/55 for £100 from an army camp in Huyton and it was erected in 1957. The show shed had seen a lot of use over the years as a meeting place and for the Annual Flower Shows that the Association used to hold.

Leave a comment