The Communal allotment project was developed by the allotments secretary Daniel Barrington in partnership with Liverpool City Council and the Liverpool Primary Care Trust.
The show shed was originally built in Canada in 1941 and shipped to England as a flat pack kit. It was bought by the association in 1954/55 for £100 from an army camp in Huyton and it was erected in 1957. The show shed had seen a lot of use over the years as a meeting place and for the Annual Flower Shows that the Association used to hold.
We have created a wildlife area on what was originally Plots 14-17. This area has suffered from drainage problems for the past 60 years and despite the work to improve the situation the area has now become unsuitable for allotment plots.
This the sencond phase in the development of the back of the allotment site. We will be developing what was originally plots 10-13 into one full plot and seven half Plots.
This project was the first phase in the development of the back of the site. Liverpool City Council cleared the area and we were able to develop plots 1-8. The project is now complete and the plots have been let out and are being cultivated.